Firm Practice Management - PCPS
The AICPA’s Private Companies Practice Section (PCPS) supports CPA firms in the everyday intricacies of running a practice. PCPS partners with firms of all sizes, creating targeted and customizable practice management resources, networking opportunities and is a strong, collective voice within the CPA profession.
Participate in the redesigned and streamlined 2018 AICPA PCPS/CPA.com Management of an Accounting Practice (MAP) survey to target opportunities for improving your firm’s performance. You’ll receive a free report that compares your firm’s most important key performance indicators with top performing firms, net-client-fee tiers and regions. PCPS members receive additional dynamic reporting options. Deadline extended through July 31st!
Join us on Thursday, August 2nd at 1:00 PM ET for a FREE webcast to learn more about the influence firm culture has on your staff and office environment. We’ll have stories from two practitioners who can vouch for the positive influence their culture of support has had on their firm. Register today!
This hands-on tour of our website is an opportunity for all PCPS members and prospective members to learn how to get the most out of their membership. Join us as we guide you through our valuable resources and provide tips on how to access them easily. Multiple days are available for your convenience.
Newest and Most Popular PCPS Resources PCPS regularly develops new resources and tools to help firms. Check out the latest ones along with the ones your peers are using most often.
PCPS Virtual Tour Watch this short video to learn more about PCPS and how to access its resources.
PCPS Resource Directory Looking for an simple way to find a PCPS resource? This tool tracker in Excel format is easy to search and includes links so you can navigate quickly to the tool or topic you’re interested in. You can also see all the resources for a topic in one spot.
Financial & Admin Operations
Maximize your performance through effective financial and administrative operations. Determine sound management policies, analyze the financial results of your practice and benchmark against firms of similar size.
All Financial & Admin Operations Resources
- Sole Practitioners | Starting Your CPA Practice Planning Checklist
- Small Firms | Small Firm Update Webcasts
- Medium Firms | National Management of an Accounting Practice (MAP) Survey
- Large Firms | The Role of the Firm Administrator Guide
Technical: Quality & Services Delivery
Keeping up with the constantly changing and complex accounting and auditing standards and tax regulations is a challenge. Stay ahead of the curve, educate your staff and deliver the highest-quality client service.
All Technical: Quality &; Service Delivery Resources
- Small Firms | What is Cybersecurity and why it affects you
- Medium Firms | Effective Immediately: SSARS 23 Highlights
- Large Firms | Competency Framework for Assurance Services
Strategy & Planning
Strategic planning is the foundation for growth and sustainability. Jump start a well-defined strategy and succession plan to keep your practice running smoothly for long-term success.
All Strategy & Planning Resources
- Sole Practitioners | Client Evaluation
- Small Firms | Creating a One Page Strategic Plan
- Medium Firms | Succession Planning Resource Center
- Large Firms | Firm inMotion e-Toolkit
Practice Growth & Client Services
Unleash your firm’s potential and maintain a thriving practice in this changing economy. Win, keep and grow clients and shift your practice into drive.
All Practice Growth & Client Service Resources
- Sole Practitioners | YOU Are The Value Workshop
- Small Firms | Small Firm Client Recruiting Brochure
- Medium Firms | Trusted Client Adviser Toolbox
- Large Firms | Client Advisory Board Toolkit
Human Capital (HR Resources)
Recruiting and retaining quality staff is key to firm success. Find solutions that will help you navigate every twist and turn, develop your employees and boost moral.
- Sole Practitioners | Sample Organizational Chart
- Small Firms | Quick Start Internship Guide
- Medium Firms | 10 Initiatives for Employee Engagement
- Large Firms | 10 Initiatives for Employee Engagement
We encourage our members to utilize and participate in PCPS’ strong community. Get involved and join PCPS social media conversations or firm size networking groups!
Did you know?
PCPS has a member hotline for your practice management questions. Call us at 1-800-CPA-FIRM and ask away! We promise to get back to you within two business days.